What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us.
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, postal or physical address
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating
where your computer is located on the Internet
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly in person, through a website form, email, or via post we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission – although unless you opt out, we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products;
- take reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered or requested, such as (for example) a loan offer or in response to an enquiry;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Website(s); research and development; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Mortgage First may use “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Notice to European Union users
Mortgage First’s operations are located primarily in New Zealand. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to New Zealand. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Questions or comments?